Any possible way to increase S2 shutter speed?Support

1. plarser48

plarser48 Member

Hey everyone. I just got my S2 last week and am still exploring. One thing I found most disappointing during my tests was the camera shooting / shutter speed. In comparison to an iphone 4s, it is absolutely terrible at up to 2 seconds delay from the press. I feel this is similiar or even worse than phones from 2-3 years ago. Is there any way to decrease that delay for taking pictures?

Advertisement
  2. ajay.acharyakv

ajay.acharyakv Well-Known Member

Never found that problem with mine: I click and within 1 sec, the pic is done...
  3. Intercrew

Intercrew Well-Known Member

Wait for ice cream sandwitch?
  4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Mine seems pretty instant, less than a second. It might be camera firmware or phone firmware related. Camera firmware updates can be found on samsung apps. And your phone firmware can be upgraded using kies or odin. It might be worth looking into.
  5. Njd4

Njd4 Well-Known Member

Just a thought.. have you got the 'anti shake' option turned on in phone settings? This delays the shutter for a while, I assume while the camera waits for the phone to be kept still before taking photo.. mine was taking ages to take a photo and this turned out to be the reason on comparing settings with mates new s2..

Mine still takes a second from pressing shutter to taking photo though.
  6. adaaaam

adaaaam Well-Known Member

ICS definitely addresses this with instantaneous shutter, to compete with iOS