• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any problems so far?

Before I got the EVO V I knew there were radio issues, but I bought it anyway and I wasn't pleased. The phone itself is great, but I missed too many calls even after rooting it and all that.

So does the S2 have any big problems? I'm probably gonna get one in January.

By the way, I'm definitely buying it from Best Buy. Their Geek Squad Protection is great.

decent phone, the battery life was fairly weak (which is to be expected with such a big screen) and there the deep sleep "feature" that I posted in my other thread that led me to return the phone. It's SUPER annoying to use a phone that doesn't turn on when you push the power button.

From using the phone, I got the impression it will be an AWESOME device with Cyanogen on it.

Upvote 0
Always had low signal on Triumph but not on this phone. The capacitive buttons actually work 100% of the time haha.
Fast processor; games play so much better!
No issues yet. I did root this phone but only for Titanium Backup to function. Stock rom is actually very nice and doesn't have as much bloatware as other VM phones. I think I only froze a few system apps one of them being touchwhiz. I prefer Nova. Oh yeah almost forgot: GPS actually works unlike the Triumph. Definitely buy it. With development groundwork already laid from other carriers versions, development for our phone should pick up very easily if we are all patient :) its easy to be patient when the phone is virtually flawless as it comes!

Reactions: b_randon14
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones