• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any questions about sprint?

So all this pricing I flying around... It just says $179 for new and existing customers with 2-year contract. No where does it mention my upgrade rebate. If I am only just over a year since I got my last phone, would the Hero be $254 for me?

When my wife bought her Pre, it didn't say anywhere they applied the upgrade rebate... She was eligible for the 2 year upgrade, but I looked over the receipt and no where did it specifically mention it.

Any clarification?

That would really depend if youre a premier customer or not, that is based on how much you pay per month with sprint. I would go into the store and find out and if not see if theres something they can do for you.

Upvote 0
I would re-up for the 2 year contract. I am the primary line on the everything plan that runs $129/mo...my wife and I share it. I've also been with sprint for about 8 years if that ups my standing at all.

At 129 a month you would be a premier customer. So if you havent had an upgrade on your primary line in the last year, you should qualify for the 179.99 price.

Upvote 0
Hi! This is my first post here, but I would love to hear from Chris or anyone on this question:

I am a premier customer (in case that matters) and got a Pre in late July, didn't have reception at my home (but did on my previous phone), so I exchanged it for a Reclaim only because it was cheap and I had to have something to hold me over until something comparable came out. I want the Hero, and someone on my family plan is due for an upgrade (full) and does not want a new phone. If I have preordered through Best Buy, and have them activate the phone on his number so I can get the instant rebate and pricing, then turn around and switch the phone over to my number, am I in the clear? Or can Sprint possibly charge the rebate back to me or something like that? I hope that doesn't sound stupid. I would just hate to think I am ok to switch it over, and them turn around and bill me for it.

Upvote 0
If I am not mistaken, you *COULD* do what you are saying, but with one problem. You wouldnt be able to switch the phones right away, but rather wait until after you received your rebate, or risk having your rebate rejected.

Unless of course you bought the phone at Best Buy. Since you wouldnt have to wait for the MIR approval, you might be able to work it that way.

Im sure Chris would know for sure.

And welcome to Phandroid Fwicks. You wouldnt by chance spend time at the Sprint forusm would ya?

Upvote 0
If I am not mistaken, you *COULD* do what you are saying, but with one problem. You wouldnt be able to switch the phones right away, but rather wait until after you received your rebate, or risk having your rebate rejected.

Unless of course you bought the phone at Best Buy. Since you wouldnt have to wait for the MIR approval, you might be able to work it that way.

Im sure Chris would know for sure.

And welcome to Phandroid Fwicks. You wouldnt by chance spend time at the Sprint forusm would ya?

Edaze, I do plan on getting the instant rebate since I preordered at Best Buy. I was just worried that if I switched over, Sprint might catch it, and tack it on my bill or something. And I would also hate to cause a problem for Best Buy on their end. And, yes, I also am on the Sprint forums. I actually asked this same question there, but had no responses so far. I figured this forum would be more informative, since it is specifically the Hero that I have questions about. Thanks for the response and the welcome!

Upvote 0
I cant say if you will, or will not cause problems for Best Buy, but I assume they have some sort of agreement worked out to be able to offer the MIR as instant.

Since thats the case, I dont really see much of an issue of you going to BB, buying the phone on the one account and then switching the two phones between lines. Its really not much different than buying a phone (subsidized), decide you dont like it, sell it, and buying a new one out right and switching over.

So you should be good.

I didnt see this question asked on the Sprint forums, but I only check the premier and android sections there.

Upvote 0
Hi! This is my first post here, but I would love to hear from Chris or anyone on this question:

I am a premier customer (in case that matters) and got a Pre in late July, didn't have reception at my home (but did on my previous phone), so I exchanged it for a Reclaim only because it was cheap and I had to have something to hold me over until something comparable came out. I want the Hero, and someone on my family plan is due for an upgrade (full) and does not want a new phone. If I have preordered through Best Buy, and have them activate the phone on his number so I can get the instant rebate and pricing, then turn around and switch the phone over to my number, am I in the clear? Or can Sprint possibly charge the rebate back to me or something like that? I hope that doesn't sound stupid. I would just hate to think I am ok to switch it over, and them turn around and bill me for it.

hmm im not quite sure how to answer this other then has it been done? yes are you supposed to? no

take that however you want

Upvote 0
Edaze, I do plan on getting the instant rebate since I preordered at Best Buy. I was just worried that if I switched over, Sprint might catch it, and tack it on my bill or something. And I would also hate to cause a problem for Best Buy on their end. And, yes, I also am on the Sprint forums. I actually asked this same question there, but had no responses so far. I figured this forum would be more informative, since it is specifically the Hero that I have questions about. Thanks for the response and the welcome!

According to what I've been told by Sprint in the past if you don't keep the phone active on the line that qualified for 60 days they'll back charge you for the full price of the phone.

It has been done successfully. If you're buying it from Best Buy it might get lost in the shuffle. Is it worth the risk? Only you can answer that.

Upvote 0
According to what I've been told by Sprint in the past if you don't keep the phone active on the line that qualified for 60 days they'll back charge you for the full price of the phone.

It has been done successfully. If you're buying it from Best Buy it might get lost in the shuffle. Is it worth the risk? Only you can answer that.

Thanks,Chris and tattierpub, for your input. I think I will go ahead and do it, and if they backcharge me, I may call retentions before agreeing to pay full retail. I think if they realize that they can either sell a new phone for the upgrade price or not sell one at all (being that the other person on my account is happy with his, and not interested in upgrading) they may be more willing to let it go if they do catch it. It would also be to their benefit that he will be ineligible for another upgrade for two years, and me for one. If not, I am not going to throw a fit and threaten them or anything. I'll pay the full retail if I have to. I just think it would be a waste for me to not use the upgrade if he's not going to. Hopefully, it isn't a problem, but we shall see.

Upvote 0
Ahhhhhh... I was hoping for information on the Q today but just read this (see below) the indecision..... must have release date :(

The Samsung Moment integrates the open and innovative Android platform with Google complete with built-in Google mobile services, including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and YouTube as well as the thousands of applications built on the Android platform. The Moment is the first Sprint device to include a brilliant 3.2-inch AMOLED touchscreen display and is designed with a tactile QWERTY keyboard that slides out horizontally and a virtual QWERTY keypad for versatile text messaging and email access. Device navigation is simple thanks to an optical joystick located just below the expansive display. Powered by an 800 Mhz processor, the Samsung Moment is one of the fastest available in the market and features WiFi capability, integrated GPS navigation, 3.2 megapixel camera and camcorder and stereo Bluetooth

Upvote 0
Sorry, not to hijack/spam but Sprint just posted a PR that says November 1st release!

Sprint | News Release: Samsung's First Android-Powered Phone, Samsung Moment with Google, Coming Soon to America's Most Dependable 3G Network

Beginning Nov. 1, customers can purchase Samsung Moment through all Sprint channels including Web (Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint), Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and our national retail partners. Retail pricing will be $179.99 (excluding taxes) after a $50 instant savings and a $100 mail-in-rebate with a two-year service agreement. Pre-registration for this phone begins today at Untitled Document.

Upvote 0
Now that Moment makes me want to wait a month, bigger processor is the compelling factor. Samsung is the factor that tells me to stay with the HTC.

It makes me want to cancel my pre-order with best buy, buy the Hero from Sprint and return it the day the Moment comes out Nov 1. It could be an even swap since the price is the same . :D

Upvote 0
It makes me want to cancel my pre-order with best buy, buy the Hero from Sprint and return it the day the Moment comes out Nov 1. It could be an even swap since the price is the same . :D

I hear you on that. The only draw back for me is the Samsung name. I'm not a big fan of their devices. Not to mention no HTC Sense UI so you'll only have 3 home screens instead of 7.

Truly the only upside to this device over the Hero is the processor.

Upvote 0
I hear you on that. The only draw back for me is the Samsung name. I'm not a big fan of their devices. Not to mention no HTC Sense UI so you'll only have 3 home screens instead of 7.

Truly the only upside to this device over the Hero is the processor.

i feel the same way you do about this.

i presonally dont like samsung phones i much rather prefer htc.

another pro to the samsung moment is the slide out keyboard which honestly to me would only make a diff for playing emulators

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones