any reason why astro and mybackup wont backup apps, but titanium will?

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ran into an issue. All attempts to backup files with astro and mybackup end up failed, though titanium works. Never seen or heard about this issue before.

Running Fresh 3.1.0.1 and netarchy4.0.2

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I have no trouble with Astro backing up user apps - it won't back up apps tagged as system apps though (so it won't grab onto bundleware by design, for example, therefore not give easy access to distribute same).

That _could_ be the issue you're facing... not sure how'd you'd check that attribute off hand.

But anything you added from the Market should be backup/restorable by Astro.

mobileman70 likes this.
  3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nothin doin. It won't back up anything. Mybackup will proceed throughout the 'backing up' procedure and then say zipping the file failed. Something is really messed up here. Among other things I've been noticing is that apps that use root constantly give the '___ has been granted superuser permissions' and that while using the app powerswitch, going to home causes redrawing of homescreens, tested on both Sense and LauncherPro.

I'm about to follow the advice of your fix froyo thread and factory reset. That'll bring me back to version _____?

I do have a NAND of my phone immediately after I used the 'starting over' method that gets you to 2.1 stock but with root. I'm trying to figure out which way to go here.

4. bobr0949

bobr0949 Well-Known Member

I have no problems backing up my apps with Mybackup.
    Sounds like it might have a problem writing to the sdcard.

5. EarlyMon

6. EarlyMon

That's just bizarre that Astro won't capture those either... I wonder if it has anything to do with your stuff being deodexed and then it loses its mind?

The factory reset should leave you exactly as you are with your present rom and revision - it's not pulling / restoring anything from a secret stash, so far as I know, it's just clearing out app data and caches (and thereby taking all prefs back to their defaults).

I just used nandroid to take me to my stable 2.2 (stock rooted odexed) and then started the usual tinkering from there.

I don't seriously mind when I screw up things with whatever I'm tinkering on at any given time so long as I have my trusty backups and backups of backups.