Any reason why games look horrible on nexus compared to other devices?Support

1. litobirdy

litobirdy Well-Known Member

a very simple example is the game called Field goal. I install it on my cm9 touchpad and poof, game looks incredibly clear etc. So i wanted it on the go, i install it on my nexus and eww game is nasty. Looks an NES game. pixelated etc. Same goes for games like Reckless racing etc etc. Why is that? isn't the GPU in this phone powerful to run these games clear and sexy?

Advertisement
  2. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Not sure what the problem is, but reckless racing looks fine for me.
  3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Hmm, do you have "force GPU rendering" checked in the settings?

I'd try unchecking that - I haven't found a single game that looks bad.
  4. litobirdy

Here are the 2 examples.I don't have the pics from my touchpad up yet but u can see the grainyness of both games.and worse in motion.no I don't have that option checked. Wat the hec.I can't upload the pics

Attached Files:

5. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to see your pics/examples if you can get them uploaded. I tend to agree that Flick Kick Fieldgoal tends to look better on other phones. However, games like NFL Kicker and NFL Flick Quarterback are downright gorgeous on this phone.
  6. litobirdy

pics now uploaded major differences man. No one is complaining about how gaming looks on the nexus?
  7. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

looks the apps are not updated for ICS and are displaying low res textures.
  8. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

This plus the game needs to adgusted for the GN resolution, if not the game will look "tall" or "fat" depending on how the res it tries use is
  9. litobirdy

ok so then ya do agree games look poorer on the nexus compared to other devices?

guess that also explains why they look better on the touchpad since resolution on the touchpad is less.
  10. stenzor

stenzor Well-Known Member

So the thread title should be: "Any reason why certain game developers haven't upgraded their games for a new device?"
  11. litobirdy

well figured a game as popular as reckless racing, thought it'd look great on any recent device
  12. stenzor

stenzor Well-Known Member

just saying there's no reason to bash the device for something that's clearly the developer's fault
    g_patrick15 likes this.