• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help any repair possible

Hi All, great forum, just after some advice please, my samsung tab 10.1 Gt-P7510 was purchased in june 2012 and recently refused to boot up. I sent it to the authorised samsung repairer here in uk and after 3 weeks was told that " the engineer has inspected your device and found that a new PBA (main board) is required.
Unfortunately, the parts are no longer available and therefore we are unable to issue you a quotation to repair on this occasion"

I find it hard to believe that something is less that 3 years old is not repairable, has anyone else had the same fault?

Also am looking at a newer tablet and also wondered that the broken tab settings i backed up on Kies 3 would the purchased apps be able to migrate to a new one, thanks all

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones