• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any reson to upgrade from CWM 2.5.1.2?

No reason I can think of. I am trying to flash back to 2.5x ClockworkMod with no luck.

i would stay with 2.5.x.x until it no longer installs the roms you want.

tho if you go up to 3.0.0.8 some of the bugs seem to have been worked out. it will now install the older backups,and alot of the developers seem to be inclusing an 3.x download.

Upvote 0
there have been alot of threads about this lately... info is accessible by clicking on the the lil tab above that says "search this forum" and try searching for,oh,maybe PB31IMG ;)

but in a nutshell:
-go to Inc. Recoveries | doug piston
-download the 2.5.1.2 version
-make sure your sd card is formatted FAT 32
-rename the recovery file you downloaded "PB31IMG" and move it to the root of your sd card(if youre on a windows machine it will automatically add ".zip". if your not, the file must be named "PB31IMG.zip" exactly)
-power phone off.
-enter hboot by holding vol down while powering on.
-wait a couple seconds. the phone will find the PB31IMG file and ask you if you want to update. tell it yes.
-when its done,you have clockwork 2.5.1.2

ignore what rom manager says is your current recovery. it is confused ;) delete the PB31IMG file from your sd card to avoid being asked to update every time you enter hboot.

some more info on this thread
http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/263696-pretty-sure-i-just-killed-my-phone.html

Reactions: wayrad and jmar
Upvote 0
to install 2.5.1.2 I just install on older version of rom manager... I forget where I got it from but searching xda should allow you to find it... uninstall the new rom manger and install the older version and 2.5.1.2 will be the package that it installs via rom manager.. then you can update rom manger to 3.0.1.3 just live with the pop up every time that a new version is available...
I used 2.x.x CWM because the newer ones dont support 10pt multi touch and I need that! lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones