Any Response From Verizon/HTC About 2.1?General

Last Updated:

1. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've done a quick search (best I can do at work) to see if Verizon or HTC had any comments on the leakage, but found nothing. Anyone else heard/read anything from them regarding the leak?

The more they keep quiet, the more I'm thinking they are just really kicking back waiting to see what the bugs/glitches are, before they 'officially' release it.

Advertisement
  2. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

They just got hundreds of new testers to test this out on the Eris and they don't even have to pay them. In fact these new testers (us) are paying THEM. I think it would be smart for them to just chill out for a while and see all the issues that people find and fix them. :)

aleis likes this.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Yes, I'm very curious as to how this pans out in the long run.

I'm guessing it'll be just silence and then the OTA will come out in a few weeks.

4. Bishop

Worded much better than what I was attempting to say. :eek:

5. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yep, "leak" the os knowing a bunch of folks will install it, THEN see how many ins claims and tech calls they get for the Eris. If not to many then roll er out...

6. davros

davros Well-Known Member

lol i wanna call tech service just to see what they say....

ahh sir how are you running 2.1?
    :p

7. startnew.jdr

startnew.jdr Member

HAHA. I was just thinking this exact thing.;)

8. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

so how are my fellow "testers" enjoying 2.1? lol
    I think everyone knows that there are Reps from VZW, Google and HTC roaming these forums and since the leak I bet they are hard at work on the real OTA, fixing anything we find buggy

9. Frisco

I sooo feel their presence.

10. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

man this is AWESOME!
    i just figured out how to install too gmail acounts in the ONE gmail app :)
    SWEET!

11. bottlecap

bottlecap Well-Known Member

Came to say this, left happy... Good on you for reading my mind...

12. tniceman

tniceman Member

How about sharing? Is this because you running the leaked 2.1? Im still on 1.5 and thinking that 2 gmail accounts might help push me over the edge. LOL

13. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Why would they say a word? Then they alert the other million and a half customers that there is a leaked version out there. I know that you think that there are many of us but we are a pretty small group of geeks in the mix of Eris owners. I also don't think that it was put out there on purpose. I think that a tester or employee leaked it and VZ would rather have kept it under wraps till they could get a version out there that's ready for prime time. This release is obviously not the final...

14. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

They're more concerned with the Incredible launch ;)

15. Frisco

That sounds amateurish, almost third-world in its motivation. I have grave doubts that it is true, although it is thinly possible these days.

These companies have labs and they have testers for the purpose of gathering data about the viability of their updates. I feel that this leak is a true leak and came from a tester.

But that is so very simple, and most often it is the simple thing that is the real thing among all of the imaginative and creative alternative scenarios.

16. lilroot

lilroot Well-Known Member

That is awesome, now if only your phone new (Knew, you'll get the joke in a minute) that you are using the wrong two (too, haha).

Maybe that's in 3.0? Haha.

17. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i seriously doubt the age old, "they leak it on purpose so we can test it for them" theory.

18. Bishop

Maybe not, but still, I would like to know their thoughts.
    This silence is making me think they sent the tech team to China to find the guy who leaked it, which is holding up progress on an OTA. :cool:

19. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, the big companies don't usually, officially respond to leaks and such. Those are minor details and they know it's a matter of time before there is a leaked file...that's just part of the game. Perhaps they will look at the feedback that people are giving but I'm betting that testers have pretty much found what we all find. Some things just won't be found out until it hits the masses or they know about it but would rather get it out and fix it in a patch later.

20. Bishop

Good answer. Thanks.

21. BY724

BY724 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I know it's probably been said somewhere (forgive me for not looking through the last 1,000 posts in the 2.x thread), but

A) Downloading this leak will void the warranty, right?

B) If you have insurance on the phone and something happens because of the update, you're screwed anyway, right?

C) If you download this, you won't get the "official" 2.1 OTA and may be stuck with those bugs until the next update, which could not be for MONTHS, right?

Basically, what I'm saying is I want this badly, but can easily live without out. I can't afford to pay for a whole new phone at retail if something happens to it, and there's no way to know if downloading this secretly installs some kind of thing that reads all our data and sends it to a random guy, right?

I'm trying to be safe here, as badly as I want it...

22. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

A) No it shouldn't. This isn't the same as rooting you are just installing new software. People have been doing this with BlackBerries for years and not having problems.

B) Same as above, you shouldn't be and I doubt they would even look at the software build.

C) Even if the official OTA update passes us by because of the leaked version (very very doubtful BTW) we wouldn't have any trouble installing it the same way we are installing the leaked version.

23. Caddyman

with the few issues i have seen and can reproduce i highly doubt this is the final build.

that said, the OTA should be different, and we will get it.

jkmasi likes this.
  24. BY724

BY724 Well-Known Member

How sure are you of this?:confused:

25. Caddyman

from what i understand, if the build number is different on the OTA then what you have, you will get the OTA.

i gathered this info from post i have read here from people in the know, that know how the OTA system works.

BY724 likes this.