Any Rogers customers get the security update yet?

Last Updated:

1. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Have any Rogers customers received the security update yet?

UPDATE: I spoke with Rogers technical support. The Tech said the update will be available mid-august, and that users will have to download it from the Rogers tech support web site themselves! Does that make sense?

Advertisement
  2. DThor

DThor Active Member

Thanks for sharing that info(every time someone doesn't have to call rogers support, an angel gets their wings ;) ) - that's sorta fail, huh? I'm not totally shocked they haven't got any sort of hot update system in place yet, but still...

*Still* waiting for paid apps on the marketplace too...*sigh*

DT

3. frenchy128

frenchy128 Member

It personally doesn't make sense to me, I figure that when/if they do perform updates that it would be Over The Air..

Updates and paid apps.. I'm disappointed at Roger's somewhat-quick launch, and poor support of the product. Tech support reps are blackberry support reps that (i feel) don't know the product like us hobbist. As soon as they hear that you installed 3rd party apps, they only suggest a hard reset. While I can understand not supporting 3rd party apps, you can still troubleshoot the service itself...

I digress.. :) OTA I suspect, I just wonder if and how they will announce updates?