• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It was pretty simple as far as android ROM's go. Put the ROM on an SD card, insert & reboot to the update. No root or recovery needed. Here's the install steps for the ROM:

1 - Place Update.Zip on SD card
2 - power down device
3 - Press and Hold Vol + key and power up device while holding the Vol +
** Hint **
I often times have issues doing it this way, so I use the steps Velocity Micro puts out there for everyone else, and I quote "Insert the tip of a straightened paperclip into the Reset hole to press the internal reset button to restart the device.Release the reset button and immediately press and hold the volume up button (Vol+). Keep holding until you see the Cruz logo appear on the screen. If "Cruz" is followed by "Android", the update mode was missed... try re-inserting the paper clip into the reset button and start the steps over again."
4 - The update.zip should self install.
5 - Device will reboot and you will have yourself a custom Rom installed on your T301 (Do not do this on the T103 it is not compatible.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones