Any roms??

1. androidfear93

androidfear93 Well-Known Member

I thought a good way to boost this tablet to full potential is maybe a 2.3 rom or stock froyo just anything that makes this thing more usable. Any t301 roms anyone knows off???

Advertisement
    :
  2. ChudleyOne

ChudleyOne Well-Known Member

SlateDroid has one that I'm using which cleans out the bloatware & made the tablet usable. Look for the Velocity Cruz section under Other Tablets. SJHill ROM from Feb17th is his 3rd version of the ROM.

Looks like a 4.0 alpha is being tested but not usable yet.
    androidfear93 likes this.
  3. androidfear93

androidfear93 Well-Known Member

Wish I found this a week ago lol. My Cruz went a little crazy and I had to factory's reset it. I thought I'd move onto a better tablet. But I appreciate your help, maybe some time ill dig up my t301 and try out this rom. Thank you p.s. do I need clock work recovery or will stock do?
  4. ChudleyOne

ChudleyOne Well-Known Member

It was pretty simple as far as android ROM's go. Put the ROM on an SD card, insert & reboot to the update. No root or recovery needed. Here's the install steps for the ROM:

1 - Place Update.Zip on SD card
    2 - power down device
    3 - Press and Hold Vol + key and power up device while holding the Vol +
    ** Hint **
    I often times have issues doing it this way, so I use the steps Velocity Micro puts out there for everyone else, and I quote "Insert the tip of a straightened paperclip into the Reset hole to press the internal reset button to restart the device.Release the reset button and immediately press and hold the volume up button (Vol+). Keep holding until you see the Cruz logo appear on the screen. If "Cruz" is followed by "Android", the update mode was missed... try re-inserting the paper clip into the reset button and start the steps over again."
    4 - The update.zip should self install.
    5 - Device will reboot and you will have yourself a custom Rom installed on your T301 (Do not do this on the T103 it is not compatible.)
  5. rcpwi51

rcpwi51 New Member

I am looking for a working link to sjhill rom 3
  6. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

The major problem with getting anything out of this tablet is a lack of kernel support. For starters, the boot.img it uses is a special format that I haven't been able to disassemble or reassemble properly. Then there's the kernel.. A source is available but the configuration is not, making any custom kernel a PITA.