• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any Root Suggestions

RyGuy4

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
I have read the forums for a few hours, and I am pretty sure I already know the answer, but in a last desperate attempt I am gonna see if maybe someone has found something or maybe I missed someting. I have bought 3 used XT926 phones. The first two I was able to unlock the boot loader/root. The last one came with one of the updates above 183.46.10. I have tried using various tools and have managed to get the system version back to the older update, but I know that several of the partitions being written in Fastboot are not working correctly, for example the TZ (trusted zone) partition. Does anyone have a suggestion either via linux (ubuntu) or some other tool RSD Lite/fastboot, that I can use, or maybe even a hardware solution (equivalent to erase the bios of a PC) so that I can flash an older version to the phone? I don't necessarily need to unlock the boot loader, I could just use safestrap but I do need to be able to root the phone. Another possibility, could I just take a cyanogenmod from another phone and create a system image? and flash it via fastboot? Again any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones