Any Rugged Cases That Support Moto's Extended Battery?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Question's in the title. I asked seidio about the Innocase Rugged and they said no :(

Advertisement
  2. Amiroquai

Amiroquai Member

I've read in the Otterbox thread that both the Commuter and the Defender support it, while the Defender being the more rugged case of course.

3. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I have a Defender from Otter Box. While they state in their Q&A portion that the Defender will not support the extended battery, I am using mine with it and having no problems whatsoever. VERY sturdy case too...ain't nothin' gonna hurt my DX!! :p:)

4. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I ended up biting the bullet and didn't read this and ordered the Commuter. At least its better than this PoS silicone one from Verizon.

5. BabyDoc

BabyDoc Well-Known Member

The Platinum Series case made by Seidio and sold at BEST BUY will work with the OEM Extended Droid X Battery and door. It is exactly the same case as the Surface case sold at Seidio. While the case alone is not as rugged as some other cases made by Seidio or OtterBox, the holster adds some protection while you aren't using the phone. The case is only 1 mm thick making it nearly as comfortable to use as the naked phone.

My only complaint with the case is that the rubberized sprayed surface easily gets nicks in it from use. It doesn't affect the operation of the case, just the looks.