1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Any software developers want ideas for useful apps? I got em, well at least one...

Last Updated:

1. IndivisibleP

IndivisibleP Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 22, 2010
    My first idea is an app "AppAudition" or whatever the name may be, where you can have all your new apps downloaded to an "audition board" (or something) and they will stay there until you use them enough and decide whether or not you want to keep them.

The goal is to enable you to keep things organized and always know which apps you have and why. Instead of seeing 100+ apps half of which cant remember what they do, you will have a select number of apps and be confident they are the best in their class, knowing exactly which features they have that caused you to choose them over others.

It can have many useful features like categories (for easy comparison of similar apps), personal ratings + reviews form other users, a personalized list of pros and cons you can add while you keep on audition and compare it with other apps, the ability to set notifications (i.e "xyz" apps has been on audition/unreviewed for x amount of time, would like to audition/re-audition/reject, etc.

Also it would inventory your approved apps and update you e.g this app was approved but has never/only been used x amount of times in the last month. Would you like to uninstall?

Also give you a graph of similarly categorized apps (by your choice or auto suggestion) and show you which app in that genre you use the most. For instance pdf readers, offline map apps, notepads, music players, etc

Also tons of useful features can be integrated with this basic app over time, like in settings you can toggle whether to show or hide apps on the audition board from the main app drawer to keep things organized, etc

Please feel free to take up the cause ... :)