• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any solution to muffled calls?

Sento

Jan 19, 2011
i kinda knew some of these issues with nexus 5x and project fi, but i still think its a decent value, though the muffled calls are getting quite annoying. i turned off wifi calling and that seems to help a bit, though at home i dont have good service at all so i rely on wifi calling which gives me quite a big of lag and muffled effect....can't believe we still have these issues in 2016 :(

gonna try to flash cyanogenmod later and then flash the fi apk and see if i can get it work, i saw some people say that it works. not really a huge fan of LG phones, i had the nexus 4 and pretty much had this same muffled experience, but i think it got better when i flashed CM, cus after the nexus s the stock google roms are basically garbage. kinda funny how a team like cyanogenmod can make more stable roms than the corporate giant....but private sector usually takes a lot of shortcuts, which is nice that we have regulations to keep them in check or who knows how much worse poverty in america would be.

I have found a flaw. If I am sequestered in a location that gets poor coverage, like say the center of a steel building in an already spotty (or questionable) coverage area and living on WiFi, that WiFi better be darn good or I miss calls or they just don't connect in a timely manner if at all. I pick up the phone and have a repeating tone, unable to hear the caller and vice versa. Sometimes this clears up in say 10-15-20 seconds but sometimes, nuttin, nadda.
This displeases me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones