Any solutions to Signal, WiFi &sleep of death after 4.04?Support

1. howiesf

howiesf Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone out there who like me is still not rooted, has come up with solutions for the even weaker WiFi and radio signal strength, as well as the random sleep of death? This phone is quickly starting to remind me of the defective Sprint SG2's I had. Help ! :mad:

Advertisement
  2. Dysfunctional

Dysfunctional Member

Can't help with signal but in regards to the sleep of death:
    This is just hearsay at the moment but there's a fella that swears the AT&T bloatware is to blame. Mainly the AT&T smart wi-fi app. He claims that his phone has been fine since disabling all the AT&T crap.

I don't know if it's true but I personally disabled all the AT&T apps except "My AT&T" a few days ago and my phone stabilized. I haven't had an unwanted shutdown since.

I've been scratching my head wondering why my phone started acting normal again and then I ran across the posting about the AT&T bloatware and went "Aha!"
    dragula2012 likes this.
  3. essenceofire

essenceofire Active Member

Disabled (not uninstalled) smart wifi last night...just experienced a shut down :(
  4. Dysfunctional

Dysfunctional Member

Well damn. That totally sucks arse :(
    I'm at a total loss as to why this helps some but not all :confused:
  5. Dysfunctional

Dysfunctional Member

6. cebu111

cebu111 Active Member

Actually this is what i did, disabled all AT&T apps since im not using it because im here in the philippines and everything works fine, no random shutoff and longer battery life (22 - 24 hours - heavy texting, calls, few minutes internet through wifi and some music)
  7. lpd50

lpd50 Member

After three shut downs in a day I went to the local Device Service Center (AT&T). The tech acknowledged the 4.0.4 problem and flashed my phone back to 4.0.3.

Three days later and not one power down.

I'm not sure this is helpful, but the only thing to do is get rid of the last update.
  8. howiesf

howiesf Well-Known Member

I have had all ATT apps disabled since I got the stupid update and the random sleep of death is still happening. I bought this phone off of some cool guy who had got a refurb that day from ATT and his wife decided she wanted an iPhone. Think I paid $260.00. I was reluctant after my Samsung nightmare with Sprint but I did it and with net10 it worked great for about 4-5 days. Now it is up and down. Anyway, I would assume that because this phone is an ATT branded phone and was sent from them, that they would still possibly swap it out for me or downgrade me to 4.03 ?
  9. eirianbryn

eirianbryn Well-Known Member Contributor

sharing my "fix".... i did a full battery charge, pulled the battery and let the phone sit for a good 3 mins at least, then put it back in the phone, and did a wipe cache partition, so far, two days with no problems.

This was right after it was restarting over and over again.. i was frustrated, otherwise I probably would've taken the time to properly recalibrate the battery. :D
  10. eirianbryn

eirianbryn Well-Known Member Contributor

oh and I did not update the at&t apps, actually don't even touch them.
  11. motownwill

motownwill Active Member

Calling AT&T did not help, as they could only offer a return by mail. That CSR had not even heard of the 4.0.4 bug. I was referred to a service/warrant office in town. I went there and was told their policy was not to flash phones back to previous software versions. They instead replaced the phone which is still on 4.0.3. Whew.