Any sort of voice to text application known to work on wildfire.

Last Updated:

1. anteries

anteries Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I downloaded 'voice text' from the marketplace. But I've been informed that I have to install some sort of Google application to enable voice recognition.

the developer, said he didn't know if it worked with the wildfire, but that's something called Google voice had to be installed in order to enable voice recognition.

I've found a big black hole of information regarding this. It may not be possible on wildfire. I understand is something available for the higher end smart phones running android 2.2.

I wonder if anyone's had any information or experience, on the subject. I'm wanting to find a way to input text via speech, to write messages, rather than have text read to me.

Advertisement
  2. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

from home screen press menu, then settings... go all the way to the bottom and hit before about phone... then install...

3. Rigel

Rigel Member

Hi could u give a little more info please. The install voice data menu is greyed out. I thought I needed google voice to be installed and that does not seem to be available for the wildfire.

If anyone haas any info about making voice to text work I would be over the moon.

Ps I have installed voice text and it reads but says voice recognition is not enabled.

4. Rigel

Rigel Member

Hi could u give a little more info please. The install voice data menu is greyed out. I thought I needed google voice to be installed and that does not seem to be available for the wildfire.

If anyone haas any info about making voice to text work I would be over the moon.

Ps I have installed voice text and it reads but says voice recognition is not enabled.

5. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

have u tried vlingo?

6. Rigel

Rigel Member

7. kalleanka

kalleanka New Member

How to add voice search to the HTC Wildfire - HTC Wildfire User Guides - Know Your Mobile

Something they dont mention in the guide is that because the app is not from android market you have to enable the first option (think its called unknown sources (in menu /Settings /Program).

I can confirm that it actually works but i dont know if it mayby does something more to or why they removed it from Android market.

Maybe simply for some licensing reasons or that people started developing apps that uses there voice recognition as a core and earning money on it.

8. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

I got vlingo working from the widgets even though I couldn't launch it from the all apps menu without crashing.

9. kalleanka

kalleanka New Member

Every app i tried refered to googles voice search. Never tried vlingo thou.

10. Badgie

Badgie Member

I have the Swiftkey keyboard app which includes a voice-to-text option. Works better than Vlingo for me because Vlingo for Android is US English only. Vlingo was fairly good on my Nokia E71 but no use to me on the Wildfire. Swiftkey is just brilliant all round.

11. Rigel

Rigel Member

Thanks for the great advice And also for Tip from james About using the widget to get Vlingo to work but just as you say swift key is much more accurate.

One thing what's the deal with the short voice to text time. It gives about three seconds to record voice and make the text. But I have to tap the screen to bring the swiftkey keyboard back to press the button for another voice to text input.

Is the paid version any different?

12. Rigel

Rigel Member

Oops I just realized I am registered twice. I am anteries. Sorry mods Totally unintentional I will sort it out when I get my computer.