Any speed improvements to stock music player on android 2.2 (froyo)?

Last Updated:

1. jeezuz

jeezuz Active Member This Topic's Starter

May 5, 2010

Since everyone says that 2.2 is a lot faster than 2.1, does that include the music player also?

I like the stock music player (although i have the incredible, so it is the sense music player), i like all the features it has (delete songs, playlists, full lock screen support, etc.

The only thing i don't like its that its way slow when going to the list (either artist, all songs, genre). I have over 2500 songs so i know this is the reason, but im just hoping that once we get the upgrade the speed will be more acceptable.

Other than that does anyone know of a third party app that has lockscreen art, and all the basic functionality of the stock music player but performs faster when viewing the list? I've tried all I could find, mixzing, doubletwist, museek, cubed, astro media player, vanilla music player, meridian, btunes, and some other ones I can't remember now but they all have something missing from the stock media player.

Edit: Oh I forgot , also that recognizes the internal storage in the incredible (without having to pick one or the other)

2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    The Incredible has this problem too? On my Eris scrolling through the song list is just painful. Its great otherwise, and worked fine in 1.5. I miss not having to unlock the phone to skip or pause songs. I hope that if (and that's a BIG IF) the Eris gets 2.2, I hope the music player speeds up.
  3. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    yea it happens on my eris too whenever i play music it lags the whole phone up.