Any Sprint Employee or Insider on Forum?

Last Updated:

1. phatning

phatning Active Member This Topic's Starter

Please tease us with your "insights" on pricing and availability of EVO 4G. PLEASE!!

I know there was at least 1 member who had come on and talked about "Kate" the computer customer support rep...

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

I doubt they have any insights

3. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

I am a developer for HTC... My Nexus is actually a Sprint model - I just pose it as a T-Mo model to fool people... I can tell you that the EVO 4G will be sold as $499 on contract (will actually require a 3yr commitment now), and $999 without... availability will actually be Sept 20th, the last day of Summer. (that's the beauty of stating "available Summer 2010")

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

lol all jokes aside^^^^^ anyone for real?

5. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

He sucked you in, didn't he! :rolleyes:

6. Capboomer

Capboomer Active Member

So I assume we should not take this guy seriously, Covert Death?

7. REEF

REEF Well-Known Member

+1

My buddy has worked 8 years for Sprint and he has no info on the EVO 4G. He usually gets phones first to test them and was shocked when the EVO was unveiled. He said Sprint has never hidden a phone like it has with this one.

But, as soon as he hears anything on the EVO's price/release I will be sure to let you guys know. ;)

8. phatning

phatning Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is the kinda info that I was hoping to come to light...whether it's 1, 2, 3, or more degree of separation!

9. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I think only the top brass would know any sensitive information. The regular employees will always be kept out of the major picture, like soldiers being sent to war. You only knows what you need to know and that's it. :)

10. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

my business rep sends me everything he gets, and 8 out of 10 times it's info I've already given him from elsewhere. Sometimes I've told him things he's had zero clue about only to get it fed to him a week later. Kind of amusing. I did know about the revised Centro early on. That was the last piece of intel I got from him that was actually new news to me.

11. Ouhei

Ouhei Active Member

Sorry, I just knew the specs :(

12. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

^ and it was worth reading every bit of it. No need to be sorry.

As for the phones secrecy, it was known for quite some time that the phone existed, but not the heavy duty juicy parts. They really kept those insights very secret.

TS out

13. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

14. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

This kind of thing won;t leak for a while. They are still likely finalizing timetables for testing, manufacturing, flashing all the phones with the final ROMs, shipping, training, and sales. Usually as it gets closer you will get leaks from Sprint employees who find out about big training pushes and store display changes coming up. That's how we figured out the Pre release day way in advance and it will probably be the same here. If we are really looking at at least 2.5-3.5 months until release, this stuff won't start leaking out until May or so.

15. twospirits

I just read elsewhere that the EVO has been in development since mid 2008. Thats a long freaking time. Just makes you wonder what they are planning now a days and bring out in a years time.

TS out

16. dabbill

dabbill Member

May 2008 is when they started development on the EVO.

17. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Actually, I think that was when HTC and Russia released their first WiMAX phone. Also, 2008 was the year Sprint first deployed WiMAX in Baltimore.

18. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Back in precentral we followed this guy who worked for sprint and blogged about stuff:

Inside Sprint Now

But it hasnt been updated in a LONG time so I'm thinking he finally got caught by execs and was let go or decided to just give up his blog.

19. neodorian

Yeah I actually emailed him this morning but he never replies to email anymore. It's kind of a shame because he never really gave much away, just likely release dates based on training and display schedules.

cary328is likes this.
  20. twospirits

In this day and age of bosses recording your every move and keystroke, I doubt anyone would want to risk losing their job over giving total strangers a bunch of insider information. It would be cool for us to get the info, but suck for them to lose their job over it.

TS out

21. bimmjo

bimmjo Well-Known Member

im hoping to get more info in the next few weeks, late june or early july is what it sounds like right now, not earth shattering info there, but I might be lucky enough to have a reliable source in the coming weeks.

22. travisr528

travisr528 Well-Known Member

In the sprint community forums there is a rumored launch date from wjackson14, Sprint will be releasing this phone the first week in June for sure. Here is the forum link:Android:HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

23. neodorian

wjackson was one of the few people with real info leading up to this. I am inclined to trust him. Obviously that doesn't mean crap if they change their plans between now and then but for what it's worth he does get inside info.

24. travisr528

travisr528 Well-Known Member

I agree, I did not trust him at first but he earned my respect, as things progressed.

25. neodorian

The funny thing is that they don't buy a Sunday release but the Pre and Hero were both big Sunday releases.