1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Any steps for installing Jelly Bean on Reverb?

1. InVinoVeritas1

InVinoVeritas1 New Member

Hey all,

I'm new to this whole root thing (never done it yet) and I really, really, REALLY hate the TouchWiz interface on my Reverb. My Nexus 7 has stock Android Jelly Bean and I simply love it.

I wanted to know if there is a step-by-step guide out there for first timers like me to not only root the phone but also install Jelly Bean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Vino

P.S. I am a professional technical writer, so even if it's a "messy" step-by-step guide, I can deal. I work with system admins, coders and DBAs all the time, so I speak geek, just not fluent in the application of it!

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to AF! :)

It looks like the reverb has only just got root, and it's relatively easy to obtain: http://androidforums.com/reverb-all-things-root/652290-root-reverb-no-pc-required.html

You also have a recovery image here (you need a recovery image to install alternative OS's), but it doesn't look as though there are any ROMS available yet, sorry.

I've moved your posts to the root subforum, hopefully some of the regulars here will be able to keep you right and point you in the right direction.
  3. learning2

learning2 Well-Known Member

Well, there's no Jelly Bean yet, but you don't actually need root to replace the TouchWiz launcher. I'm running Nova Launcher (search the market), but there are lots of other launchers that also work on ICS.
  4. InVinoVeritas1

InVinoVeritas1 New Member

Thanks all.

Learning2, I actually prefer stock Android JB on my Nexus 7 to the touchwiz crap on Samsung phone. I'd like as much parity between the 2 as I can get so that I don't have to remember which device I'm using. I know it sounds trite, but that would be one less thing for me to worry about (and let me test out some new technical skills in the process [hopefully])

Vino
  5. learning2

learning2 Well-Known Member

I understand that, but since full JB isn't actually an option at the moment, replacing Touchwiz might be a good intermediate step. A quick search on "Jelly Bean Launcher" in the market pulled up a couple of promising apps.

Good luck.
  6. Jimmy422

Jimmy422 Well-Known Member

I am in the process of building Jellybean CM10 for the Reverb as we speak. Hopefully I'll be able to have it working pretty soon with the help of xInterlopeRx.
  7. superboy4444

superboy4444 Well-Known Member Developer

I don't know what I would do without you lol but we should get cm11 and go 4.2 on this phone!