• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any steps for installing Jelly Bean on Reverb?

Hey all,

I'm new to this whole root thing (never done it yet) and I really, really, REALLY hate the TouchWiz interface on my Reverb. My Nexus 7 has stock Android Jelly Bean and I simply love it.

I wanted to know if there is a step-by-step guide out there for first timers like me to not only root the phone but also install Jelly Bean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Vino

P.S. I am a professional technical writer, so even if it's a "messy" step-by-step guide, I can deal. I work with system admins, coders and DBAs all the time, so I speak geek, just not fluent in the application of it!

Welcome to AF! :)

It looks like the reverb has only just got root, and it's relatively easy to obtain: http://androidforums.com/reverb-all-things-root/652290-root-reverb-no-pc-required.html

You also have a recovery image here (you need a recovery image to install alternative OS's), but it doesn't look as though there are any ROMS available yet, sorry.

I've moved your posts to the root subforum, hopefully some of the regulars here will be able to keep you right and point you in the right direction.

Upvote 0
Thanks all.

Learning2, I actually prefer stock Android JB on my Nexus 7 to the touchwiz crap on Samsung phone. I'd like as much parity between the 2 as I can get so that I don't have to remember which device I'm using. I know it sounds trite, but that would be one less thing for me to worry about (and let me test out some new technical skills in the process [hopefully])

Vino

Upvote 0
Thanks all.

Learning2, I actually prefer stock Android JB on my Nexus 7 to the touchwiz crap on Samsung phone. I'd like as much parity between the 2 as I can get so that I don't have to remember which device I'm using. I know it sounds trite, but that would be one less thing for me to worry about (and let me test out some new technical skills in the process [hopefully])

Vino

I understand that, but since full JB isn't actually an option at the moment, replacing Touchwiz might be a good intermediate step. A quick search on "Jelly Bean Launcher" in the market pulled up a couple of promising apps.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones