• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any suggestion for displaying snippets of new gmail messages

loumalnati

Mar 23, 2011
I get an icon notification that I have an email, but unlike my prior HTC Evo I have some issues with my gmail notifications

1-If I get an email and the screen is locked it makes a sound, but the screen does not wake.
2-If the screen is awake then I get a mail icon, but no snippet of the email, unless I go to the notifications bar.

For text messages I fixed the above 2 issues by loading apps Widget Locker and Lock Screen Notifications, but I have not found anything for Gmail.

Lastly, can I get a different icon for email notifications vs message notifications ?

I love the Samsung Galaxy 3 (Virgin Mobile) and it is a far better phone than my old HTC Evo, but it is puzzling why they (Samsung) overlooked such a useful feature.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones