Any TF101 owners changed to Nexus7?General

1. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if I should sell my Transformer and get one of Googles tablets.

Have any other TF101 users done this and have you missed anything about it? I have the keyboard and the main thing I think I'd miss are the USB and SD card sockets as well as the extended battery. I also find the keyboard useful as a stand!

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. jonatuna

jonatuna Member

yup. I thought I'd miss the bigger screen on the Transformer, but I find the N7 much more portable and I go to my laptop for a bigger screen. So far I haven't missed the Transformer. I have a case coming in the mail which will serve as a stand.

Thinking about selling the Transformer...
  3. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Got the N7 on the first day. Still use my TF101 but not quite as much as I used to. I love the N7 feel and size but sometimes I still want that keyboard. So if I know I'll just be consuming with minimal input, I'll use the N7. If I know I'll be typing, the TF101. I don't see that changing at all.
  4. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

Thanks, perhaps I should put some money aside, buy an N7 and keep the Transformer too!
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

That's what I reckon I'll be doing. The Nexus looks awesome, but I'd miss the option of having a keyboard if I sold the TF. :)
  6. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

The keyboard dock is the reason I got the TF101 in the first place. Unless the N has something similar, I don't consider it.
  7. hamlin69

hamlin69 Active Member

I had a transformer+ keyboard. It was my first tablet so I played around with it a lot but decided to sell it after a few months of use due to me not really needing a tablet, other than to search on the internet or play games. It was hard bringing it anywhere because it was too big and looked kinda awkward. I just recently purchased a Nexus 7 and I prefer it over the transformer due to the size of the screen and that it is a Nexus device and will get updates frequently.
  8. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

It depends on what you plan on using a tablet for- I was traveling overseas- the TF's long battery life and built-in stand was great for watching movies then emailing when I was at airports.

I really want a Nexus 7 but don't have a ton of use for it, I have a Galaxy Nexus and TF. I kinda want to mount a Nexus7 in the car but it's quite a bit of money and have other obligations...
  9. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I already have an SGS3 and a TF101 with keyboard. I don't see what a Nexus 7 has that would make me want to replace my TF101. The SGS3 gives me a good mobile device. The TF101 is a great portable device for travelling to replace my PC. At home, I use my TF101 as a near PC replacement. The N7 doesn't give me enough more over and above my SGS3 that is worth carrying around a second device. At home, it isn't as big as my TF101 and has no keyboard.