• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any TF101 owners changed to Nexus7?

partridge

Android Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2010
I'm wondering if I should sell my Transformer and get one of Googles tablets.

Have any other TF101 users done this and have you missed anything about it? I have the keyboard and the main thing I think I'd miss are the USB and SD card sockets as well as the extended battery. I also find the keyboard useful as a stand!

Thanks

I had a transformer+ keyboard. It was my first tablet so I played around with it a lot but decided to sell it after a few months of use due to me not really needing a tablet, other than to search on the internet or play games. It was hard bringing it anywhere because it was too big and looked kinda awkward. I just recently purchased a Nexus 7 and I prefer it over the transformer due to the size of the screen and that it is a Nexus device and will get updates frequently.

Upvote 0
It depends on what you plan on using a tablet for- I was traveling overseas- the TF's long battery life and built-in stand was great for watching movies then emailing when I was at airports.

I really want a Nexus 7 but don't have a ton of use for it, I have a Galaxy Nexus and TF. I kinda want to mount a Nexus7 in the car but it's quite a bit of money and have other obligations...

Upvote 0
I already have an SGS3 and a TF101 with keyboard. I don't see what a Nexus 7 has that would make me want to replace my TF101. The SGS3 gives me a good mobile device. The TF101 is a great portable device for travelling to replace my PC. At home, I use my TF101 as a near PC replacement. The N7 doesn't give me enough more over and above my SGS3 that is worth carrying around a second device. At home, it isn't as big as my TF101 and has no keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones