Any thoughts on how this could happen? (row of intermittently dead pixels...)Support

Last Updated:

1. Foxgguy2001

Foxgguy2001 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm...have a new X on the way... and I know for certain it wasn't there when I first received it because I specifically checked for dead pixels before I started customizing everything.... it just showed up one day, no drops, nothing significant.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

take it back and get another one, there was one guy who had 4 and each of them had dead pixels, but only one, a row of them would be quite annoying to look at

3. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

You don't have a Zagg Invisible shield on there by chancedo you? That looks just like one install of an invisibleshield i did a while back. lol

But ya, I'd suggest taking it back. No one would could blame you for returning something like that. (unless it is from an invis shield though. heh)

Also, it's hard to tell from the picture, are those all black dots or colored? (colored=stuck pixel, black=most likely dead) If their colored, you could try to fix it if you want with an app.
    JScreenFix - Fix stuck pixels - Android app on AppBrain

4. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member

Try this first. Press with your fingers on the area with the stuck pixels while its off. Continue holding them down, turn your phone on so it lights them up and then let go. The pressue you put on them will turn them another color when the phone starts up and will unstick them. It works all the time for me on LCD monitors with stuck pixels. And for the record a dead pixel is black. All other colors are considered stuck. Dead pixels are dead, stuck ones can be fixed.

5. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

My first x was fine for the first day, no defects. The second day it developed a few rows of pixels at the bottom of the screen that resembled tv static. The phone had not been dropped or anything, they just showed up.

6. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

I've got a row like that, but only in Video mode. I'm hoping it's part of the software problem that is fixed with Froyo.

7. pyunny

pyunny New Member

new here but hopefully i can help. my phone had the same problem, just got it last wednesday and it was fun but the next day a row of dead pixels showed up towards the bottom 3rd of the screen. called verizon and they said they'd send me a new phone. received it today and it was a refurbished one. currently on hold with them trying to get them to replace it with a new phone, will let you know how it goes! but good to know others have the same problem

8. pyunny

pyunny New Member

took my phone to the vzw store, they said they hadn't seen the problem before but because my phone was fairly new gave me a brand new dx. hopefully this is the last time i have to take it in!