Any tips on opening the case?Support

1. Solcat

Solcat Member

I been using a butter knife, and it's still not to easy, is there a trick to opening the case to change batteries. I'm going on vacation and plan on using two batteries.

Advertisement
  2. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Well-Known Member

I just use my fingernail to pry it open slightly, then just slide it along a little bit to get it started. Pulls off easily from that point.
  3. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

dude mine comes off so easily i think its the worst part of the phone. put ur middle fingerniail in the little slot, and holding it as though your looking at the camera. and with the middle finger pull but put your thumb from your other hand in the port hole for the charger port for stability. It took me a little bit to get this pat down.
  4. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

holy crap a butter knife... lol.. I just use my thumb nail, I used to think it was hard to get the back off but I realized I was just being way to careful with it.. The way the snap on parts are built you can give it a nice hard pull and it comes right off without damaging anything.
  5. kimf

kimf Active Member

The corner of a credit card works good, I got that tip from someone on here.
  6. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Fingernail or credit card corner works like a charm.

Butter knife, that's bonkers.
  7. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I just use my finger. Not my fingernail, my finger. Works just fine.

Me thinks that people like to over-complicate things :D
    Theodosius likes this.
  8. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised anyone has a problem taking this crappy, flimsy, weak back door off. mine creeks and cracks, drives me nuts, I just bought a new white battery door and a fresh refurb to arrive Monday. We'll see how these play out. I'm considering buying the 1500mah battery just so the back fits batter. but that's another $15 for something I have no idea will fix any issues.