1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

any UK Liquid users?

1. mikey

mikey Member

Im just looking for some user experience before I take the plunge!

Im prefering the Liquid over the Hero, but Im also keeping an eye on the new handsets to come, but Vodafone is out of the question for me, so Im likely to go for a Liquid on Orange.

Any experiences (good or bad) so far? :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. mizx

mizx Member

I've had mine for almost 2 weeks now, based on my experience so far I'd say go for it, you can't go far wrong for the money.

Only problem so far is the standby battery drainage, I'm seeing -4% an hour on average, it's unacceptable in comparison to the drain during use. However, it seems the problem is with the EMEA 1.6 software, the Asian version does not have this problem. Acer_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1 has already been leaked on MoDaCo, so possibly we'll see an update from Acer soon with the issues fixed.

I purchased from a UK ebay seller for
  3. mikey

mikey Member

thanks for the reply :)

Ive got my o2 PAC code ready to roll, so Im looking to get fixed up in the next week or so.

I think Im 95% convinced that its a better deal than the Hero, and I think it'll tick most of my boxes, my only issue is the certainty of updates and support as things move forward (impossible to answer I know)

have you considered getting a stronger battery or are you holding out for an update?

how have you found the sound quality using headphones?
  4. BDL

BDL Member

Using it on Three - Had it for a week and absolutely love it.

Couple of downsides - Email - I'm using IMAP to push my home account through and it works intermittently. I can still pick up my emails via webmail.

Other one is that when it tries to connect to the net (Seesmic refresh) when it's out of range i.e. in a tunnel it won't let me access the net. I have to force it to accept Three as my home network.

I suppose that's the problem of using an unsupported phone.

I really hope Acer roll out 2.0 at least and as soon as possible.

It's a really great phone.
  5. mikey

mikey Member

great to hear that you love your liquid :)

having finally decided to go for one...........................its now out of stock :(
  6. BDL

BDL Member

7. mikey

mikey Member

just seen this on twitter......

The Acer
  8. mikey

mikey Member

9. BDL

BDL Member

I'm locked into my Three contract until August, so had to buy an unlocked version.

Hero's are great though, was a little out of my price range, that's why I opted for the Liquid.