Any UK O2 pay monthly users here?General

Last Updated:

1. Panhead99

Panhead99 Member This Topic's Starter

I am still having a battle with O2 trying to get some sense out of them. At the top of the contacts screen where the box says, "My Number" mine says "Unable to read from SIM". If I go to settings, about phone, status, my phone number, this says "unknown".
    My wife has exactly the same phone but on O2 pay as you go. If I put her SIM in my phone, the phone reads the SIM ok and shows the number. If I put my SIM in her phone, her phone cant read the SIM. All the functions work on the phone and apart from these two issues the phone is fine.
    O2 have sent me 3 SIMS but it has made no difference, my number just doesnt show.
    I phoned O2 again the other night and was told, "The Xperia X10 is unable to read the number on any contract SIM, but it can read them on pay as you go". I asked if this applied to all networks and was told, "This is a design fault of the Xperia X10, it just cant read any contract SIMS, no matter what network"
    I know people who have this phone on contract with Orange and Vodafone. Their phones display the SIM number perfectly ok.
    I dont know anyone with an X10 on O2 contract, but if anyone on here has one, can you tell me if your phone number shows?
    I want to take this further with O2 but need to know if they are talking rubbish or not!

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Take your sim out of your shiny new X10 shove it in an old Sony or Samsung and find My Number in the settings... type in your number, hit save and then stick it back in your X10 and your number will be there. O2 don't seem to know this advice!

Let me know if it works for you and then let me know what O2 say when you call them back!!

cojo37 likes this.
  3. FrogEyeFezzy

FrogEyeFezzy Member

Hello Panhead99

Just to let you know, i am on O2 contract as well and also have the same problem as you, it wont let me read the sim when i search for "my number"
    However, i have now saved my number to the sim by using another phone as my X10s battery overheated 3 days ago :( so i am yet to find out if saving my number to my sim by using another phone actually works.

If you find out anymore info please let me know :D

P.S, surely we are not the only O2 customers with an X10 lol

4. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

My partner's on a contract with O2 and her X10 exhibits the same behaviour, i.e. unable to read from SIM.

5. cojo37

cojo37 Member

Thanks rosered. Thought 2.1 might have cured this problem but it didn't. Put my sim in my old Samsung, did what you suggested and Hey Presto it works Thanks for technology Ha Ha.

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Thank goodness for that old dusty handset we hang on to just in case! Glad you are sorted.