Any up and coming Verizon phones worth waiting for?

Last Updated:

1. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So heres the deal. I currently have an Inc.; before that, I had a Moto Droid. I gave up on the Droid because of all the issues I was having. Now I'm not having much better luck with my Inc.

It's still dropping network (Internet) communications left and right and just today, it locked up and rebooted itself while I was trying to make a phone call.

I have rooted the phone last week to see if that helps with anything. It did not.

The last time I spoke with Verizon, they said that they could either replace the device or give me another one that they sell. I love the Inc., but am not so sure anymore.

I know it's been asked many, many times before...but should I stick with another Inc.; try for a Moto Droid 2, or wait and see what Verizon has to offer next? I know the Inc. HD is coming out soon. And there are other phones on the horizon. But I don't want to wait too much longer though. It's getting really annoying to deal with these issues every day.

Thanks all for any and all input! I hope I'm not upsetting anyone or starting anything by asking the age old "which is better" question.

Advertisement
  2. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Yeah there is. At the top of the list of upcoming Verizon phones worth waiting for is the iPhone.

I keed, I keed.

I wonder that myself. I felt like that there was a flurry of Android releases and then it just kinda tapered off. Maybe they're all waiting for the LTE announcement? Or maybe they're waiting for gingerbread? Too bad Nexus S is only on T-mo.

Have you taken a look at the Samsung facinate or whatever it is called? I have two friends who have it and love it.

Verizon Android phones go through phases. Motorola was on fire, then HTC, and now Samsung is the star. I hope Motorola comes out with a sick new phone. I own some of their stock :D

3. ned4spd8874

Thanks for the reply. And, no thank you concerning the iphone comment. ;o)

I haven't looked into the facinate. It looks okay, but I do see that the internal memory is lower and the camera has less mp's. I might have to go into a store and compare.

4. Aypse

Aypse Well-Known Member

That is all true, but check out its screen. Hold it next to other droids and see how vibrant and clear it looks. When put side to side, the screen makes the others look out dated.

5. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Well, I am sure they will have LTE phones just around the corner. Even if LTE isn't something you are interested in, I am willing to bet there will be whole new phones (and not just an old model number with the LTE radio tacked on). If Verizon is willing to swap the phone out I would give it a shot and wait it out (unless we are talking needing to cancel a contract before the first 30 days are up). I know there are plenty of people perfectly happy with their DINCs, so you may just have a bad handset.

6. ned4spd8874

I don't mind waiting a little bit if there is something worthwhile on the horizon. Just as long as it's not too long out. More specifically, this month or very early January.

This is my 3rd Inc. I really do like it, I just wish I can find a phone that doesn't give me problems. I'm about ready to switch back to a plan old flip phone with no bells and/or whistles.

7. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

Yea I'm waiting for the Incredible HD. Verizon is very good at keeping phones under rap until up to close for release.

8. Sweet Chaos

Sweet Chaos Well-Known Member

Personally, I would wait until January or so and see what comes with LTE. I know Motorola has been saying they would have 4G phones in the beginning of the new year so, if you're not in a rush to get rid of your phone, it might be worth it just to see what happens when Jan and Feb come around.