Any update for those of us with lag after froyo update?Support

Last Updated:

1. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone heard anything from htc or verizon about the lag some of us have after the update? My phone is generally just slower and seems to stutter a lot more....text msgs is a joke with how laggy it is to read and type them. I was messing around with a friends nexus1 and it was way faster than my incredible :( This is all after a factory reset etc. I am hesitant to do a reset again since I will lose everything once more.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

If I were to live with that everyday, I'd probably do a fresh install of 2.2. Some people just seemed to struggle with the OTA and in my mind it's due to the "over the top" sort of install associated with OTA's. I very much dislike them for this reason.

Options are the 2.2 RUU (installed and run from a Windows machine while hooked up via USB cable to phone)

or

Install from hboot method (my preference). I have a thread on this method in the main sticky of the root forum if you're interested. Here's the link:

http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-downgrade-official-2-2-a.html

You can ignore all the stuff about s-off and rooting. The same thing can be done to a stock phone and it'll still be stock when done, just with a fresh install of 2.2. If you go this route, don't forget to transfer your SD card files to the PC temporarily while formatting the card to FAT32 via a PC.

May seem drastic, but again...I wouldn't live with that crap if it were me. Then again, I'm a tinkerer from the word go and have flashed everything known to man on my phone so it's old hat to me which I realize isn't the case for all users. It's really not that big of a deal though.

3. iowabowtech

Also should be noted that as a non-rooted user you'd have to reload all your apps afterward. I hear Mybackup Pro will do this for non rooted users but I have no experience with that app.

4. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

You actually don't have to run the RUU, you can just to a factory wipe and get the same results.

When you install an OTA, it does two things. First, it installs the current version over the old version (which leads to lag, as mentioned above). Second, it wipes the "Recovery" partition and replaces it with the new ROM. If you do a factory rest, it reloads the OS based on this "recovery" partition, giving you the same results as the RUU.

5. iowabowtech

Doesn't seem to be doing the trick in his case though...

Medion likes this.
  6. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

I R NOT A GUD REEDUR

(thanks for pointing that out, I sometimes miss the stupidly obvious)