Any updates required for the OC kernal to work?

Last Updated:

1. Pandam00nium

Pandam00nium Member This Topic's Starter

So this seems like a rare issue from the searches I've found. I'm unable to boot up any custom roms that have the oc .29 kernal included.

I've been using DamageControl 2.08.1 with no issues, and I can also use Fresh 2.1.2 without any boot freezing. However if I try to implement the oc .29 kernal(all three of them) for Damage builds I freeze up at the black HTC screen.

The same thing occurs if I use DamageR 5.0, ic3rom 2.7, Fresh Toast 2.1, or any other custom rom that includes the OC option. They all freeze at the black HTC screen.

Yes I have fully wiped and fixed the uid. I have repartitioned my sdcard and have even used a different one with the same results. I'm currently using RA-heroc-v1.6.2. So the only thing I can think of is something isn't up to date? Are there any updates required to get this to work? I find it awkward how only a handful of people are going through the same thing I am.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

the only thing needed is wipe data...wipe davlik...and wipe ext if you use Apps2sd.. that's it..

3. Pandam00nium

Pandam00nium Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I did that multiple times. I've flashed so many different custom roms and the released kernels for DC and wiped everything every single time.. I have no clue why my phone doesn't accept it. :( Thanks for letting me know.