Any video of a rooted hero in operation?

Last Updated:

1. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has there been a video of a rooted hero being displayed for it's performance? I'd really be interested in seeing how much quicker it actually is.
    I'd be interested in rooting my phone, but only if it would give me a significant improvement. If it's only marginal, I'd rather not take the chance of bricking my phone.

Advertisement
  2. KennyD

KennyD Member

Performance wise rooting alone isn't going to change a thing. It'll still have the Stock ROM and stock apps.. All rooting does is give you "admin" privileges to your phone's filesystem so you can do things that normally you couldn't do.. like install apps that require root access, remove the stock apps, and/or flash a custom ROM to your phone..

3. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I understand what you've said. Let me rephrase my original question a bit. I'd like to see how much a rooted phone would be enhanced by rooting and then doing the things that have been posted as enhancing the performance (ie removing the Sprint apps etc) which couldn't be done without first rooting the phone.

4. KennyD

KennyD Member

It certainly feels faster after removing some of the sprint apps.. could just be a placebo effect I dunno. I don't have a video camera so I can't really make a video. But for me it's worth it because I wanted to gain root access to flash a custom rom when it becomes available, to remove the sprint apps, to get tethering working.. and to have a nandroid backup on my phone just incase something happens I'll be able to restore to a known working config..
    Also I'm still working on getting apps2sd working... so those were my reasons for going ahead and rooting my phone.