Any video player capable of 720p + subtitles?Support

Last Updated:

1. czpeet

czpeet Guest This Topic's Starter

Hello,

first, thank you all for this great forum.

One question arised on my mind when reading reviews of Galaxy S - is there any video player capable of playing HD content (720p) and showing subtitles - either from srt file or directly from MKV?

There are players with subtitles support but I am afraid that to play HD content 1Ghz processor is not enough and that Galaxy's internal player is also taking advance of GPU which others players do not.

What do you think?

Advertisement
  2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I think it play 1080p videos with ease if I'm not mistaken

3. twisted_mind

twisted_mind Well-Known Member

Rockplayer does 720p with subtitles with ease...

4. czpeet

czpeet Guest This Topic's Starter

Thank you guys, Galaxy is really powerful piece of hardware.

5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

FYI on the 2.2.1 JPU update subtitles work in the inbuilt player - just watched a little of a 720P MKV with subtitles on JPU. Sweet. My bloody PS3 can't even play those!

Noticed after copying the file across that the media scanner is much faster to scan my 32GB card on this firmware. Nice.

EDIT: Even better than I thought - in settings there are now subtitle options - you can choose text size and colour and even change how they are sync'd - so if there are sync issues you can fix them from within the app! Brilliant.

Ih4teKies likes this.
  6. Ih4teKies

Ih4teKies Well-Known Member

Just tried it myself this is amazing!
    don't think I'll ever need to buy a 3rd party app ever for video now.
    Hoping gingerbread music player is as good as thr vid player we have for froyo 2.2.1
    Nice find NZ

7. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Yep, its pretty much a perfect video player now, better than all the others on the Market. Happy.

8. Orochium

Orochium New Member

I'm sort of new to the Android and Smartphones, but I noticed trying to play some Japanese and korean videos I have that it didn't do subtitles on hardware rendering. You mention the 2.2.1 JPU...but what is it?

Again sort of a newbie, so any help you have would be greatly appreciated, I tried Rockplayer and Mobo and a few others, the only one that worked was Mobo in software rendering mode, and the audio/video desynched regularly on the Epic 4g. So looking for some help! Thanks tons!

9. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

I used mvideo player
    https://market.android.com/details?id=afzkl.development.mVideoPlayer&feature=search_result

it worked fine getting the subtitle from my mkv files [no colors on the text though] , it's quite a neat media player .. well done and awesome

[if subtitle didn't load , close the video and try again , sometimes the first try doesn't work for some reason]