• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way of not showing SMS on lock screen?

up_north

Lurker
Sep 19, 2009
I think the answer to this is "no" but... I've spent this mornign playing with a Hero and really like it. I was wondering if there was any way, fro a privacy point of view, of NOT displaying the SMS preview at the bottom of the screen when the screen is locked - happy to show caller details - just don't want the text itself.

Thanks

Ian

Thanks for your quick reply. Do you mean "Notification Flash"? I tried that but i think that just disables the message flasing up in the op bar?

Ian

Under "Notification settings" in the Messages settings area, one of the options says -

"Notifications - Display message notifications in status bar" and has a check option next to it.

Having just tried it, it seems that this does stop the message appear on the lock screen, but also stops the Hero bleeping/flashing to say a message has arrived, so isn't really going to be of much use!?!

Soz :(

Chegs.

Upvote 0
Under "Notification settings" in the Messages settings area, one of the options says -

"Notifications - Display message notifications in status bar" and has a check option next to it.

Having just tried it, it seems that this does stop the message appear on the lock screen, but also stops the Hero bleeping/flashing to say a message has arrived, so isn't really going to be of much use!?!

Soz :(

Chegs.

Then you can download missed call and have that ring/vibrate/flash the led when you get as message. The only thing it can't do is flash the trackball. I like it because you can change the vibration pattern.

Upvote 0
I think the answer to this is "no" but... I've spent this mornign playing with a Hero and really like it. I was wondering if there was any way, fro a privacy point of view, of NOT displaying the SMS preview at the bottom of the screen when the screen is locked - happy to show caller details - just don't want the text itself.

The "SMS Popup" app gives the functionality you're after.

You can set it up to notify, but not show contents. Then turn off the regular SMS notification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones