any way to brick?Support

Last Updated:

1. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just wondering if there is a way to brick the moment?before anyone gets upset i am just wondering not actually going to do it!!!!!!!!! its just eveything i have read suggests that like the palm pre the moment can't be bricked i have had the pre,the moment ,and the tp.now i did brick a couple tp's but never had a problem with the pre or moment.just asking the question because it seems like the phone manufactures are reallizing that some of us are doing upgrades and have made the software unbrickable so they aren't loosing out on replacing them as much.

Advertisement
  2. Bigprimo

Bigprimo Well-Known Member

Why would the company replace a phone you bricked? Bricking a phone by my understanding voids any warranties or insurance.

3. htcman724

ok i had sprint replace 3 touch pros that were bricked just by playing dumb.

4. Bigprimo

Bigprimo Well-Known Member

nice. I dunno about bricking I will never try to do anything that would brick my phone so sorry I cant answer your question.

5. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

i would claim it stolen b4 i tried to fix it bricked

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

6. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

There are ways to brick the Moment but you have to try REALLY hard. The only way I know of that someone's bricked theirs is by installing a logo.png that was way too big. Other than that, I've never heard of it being bricked.

I fiddle with mine all the time and it's never let me down. Just be sure to read everything before trying anything. It's fun once you start and very addicting.

7. htcman724

what size logo.png would be to large? and where do you get the logo.png flies at?

8. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

htcman724 likes this.
  9. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

I thought I had bricked mine when I installed a custom theme without installing the theme template first. That was when I still had 1.5. It would get stuck on the boot screen forever. But I was still able to fix it, just had to put the template on my SD card and install through recovery.

10. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

How do you brick the phone?

Two words: Microwave Oven.

I just completed a brick-free upgrade to 2.1 (official) without incident. Since 1.5CL14, there's been a method to restore the phone to original factory settings. So while it's probably not impossible to brick, it's probably not easy to do, either.