• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any way to change the screen timeout values?

domoarigato

Sep 15, 2015
The quick-change icons that LG provides in the notification tray are very useful.

One of them, however, is a bit frustrating: Screen timeout. When the user clicks it, it cycles between 30 seconds, 5 minutes, and 15 minutes. None of those durations are ideal.

The user can long-click on the icon and then specify a different duration, but that it a slow and clunky way to do it.

Is there a way to modify the durations for which the Screen timeout button cycles? Root and Xposed solutions are fine, if required.

Thanks for the all the ideas! I appreciate it.

I would prefer to just use the notification icons that LG includes to change the screen timeout (if the timeout values can be changed). The reason is that it does not require any additional apps, and is so convenient in the notification area.

But if no one comes up with a solution, one of your ideas might work out. Thanks again. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the all the ideas! I appreciate it.

I would prefer to just use the notification icons that LG includes to change the screen timeout (if the timeout values can be changed). The reason is that it does not require any additional apps, and is so convenient in the notification area.

But if no one comes up with a solution, one of your ideas might work out. Thanks again. :)
That would be the first link in my previous post. It would change the default presets to your choosing. You just have to do some editing. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones