Any way to dim flash?

Last Updated:

1. camo36

camo36 New Member This Topic's Starter

does anybody know of a way to make the flash not so bright on the EVO? the thing is so bright it just washes the photos out.

Advertisement
  2. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

I wish an app could be designed to do this. Maybe stick a needle through the one flash so there is only one ultra bright flash. Kidding of course.

I know the desire led app has different settings for brightness so maybe you can activate the LED at a low brightness then take the picture. The light would have to be left on when the picture is taken. Its a hassle to have to go through this when there should be a setting for soft flash. Maybe someone will design a camera app that has a soft flash setting.

3. camo36

yeah, alot of times i try to hold my finger over the flash a little bit, but that's not exactly a perfect science and they usually turn out worse, haha.

4. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing so I thought of covering it with some sort of dampening material or plastic that makes the light more dispersed and less focused. I'm not sure what photographers call that thingy. I was also thinking of asking steve jobs because he's just so good at killing flash.

5. BananaBoatBob

BananaBoatBob Well-Known Member

a diffuser

for my nikon i have one for my external flash its a piece of white plastic that just spreads the light out

cary328is likes this.
  6. PurpleBandit

PurpleBandit Active Member

Yes! I tried to take a pic of my friends in a bar and ended up scorching everyone's retinas. I thought my BB Tour was blinding, sheesh

7. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

youseewhatihelpedyoudidthere?

cary328is likes this.
  8. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Hmm I haven't tried this, but it just popped up in my head. Use the LED Desire app, and select the brightness you want. Then in the Camera app, turn off Flash, see if that works.

9. mattdouglaschambers

mattdouglaschambers Well-Known Member

I think the flash is my least favorite part of the phone. I can't take a good photo unless I'm in sunlight. Anything else turns out white from the solar flash my phone emits. And if I try to cover it, photos turn out red some times. Just really annoying.

10. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

I think it popped into your head because you read it from me on the 2nd post in this thread. haha.:D

11. camo36

think i'll just put a piece of duct tape over one of the flashes, duct tape fixes everything right?

12. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Wow, honestly I didn't even see ur post. I always have android forums up on another tab, and just happened to open it and reply to it. So yea you beat me to it :p. And I tried it, doesn't work lol. Although it did pop up in my head today, that maybe a fuzzy white scotch tape would help a little.