Any way to do basic cut edit to recorded footage

Last Updated:

1. Bob_the_giraffe

Bob_the_giraffe Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 10, 2009
    I've recently got the HTC Hero which I love to pieces, it has some gripes but generally there's a workaround on the Android Market or it's just not major enough to make me dislike the phone.

I've just come across an issue I can't for the life of me find the answer to though... Say if I've captured 20seconds of video and I wanted to MMS it, it says the file is too large (it's on the highest camcorder settings atm, think it's set to record Mpeg). Is there any way I can edit the file to chop off some seconds at the front and/or end to make it a smaller file?

I tried some searches on the Android Market but didn't have much luck really, not sure if I'm using the wrong phrasing and so am bowing to your collective expertise to see if anyone knows the answer :)

Not looking to do anything vastly interesting, my old phone did have a video editing function and you could merge clips with some basic fade scene to scene edits, or add text... if ever I though there'd be something on the market it'd be this type :)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    +1 I'd be interested in a Video editing/cutting application?