any way to download/rent movies for android?

Last Updated:

1. adrianle

adrianle New Member This Topic's Starter

I used to rent movies through iTunes to download and play on my iPHone.. now I have an Android (Samsung)... is there a way to do this with another ap or directly?

Advertisement
  2. patt1293

patt1293 Member

I know the droid X has a blockbuster app. I am not sure if that's limited to the phone or to a certain carrier.. I really wish that Netflix would give us an app

3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Amazing that there is no Netflix app yet!

**EDIT**

Well, I guess they are working on it, but jeez...Very late to the game...

http://www.talkandroid.com/5059-netflix-for-android-in-the-works/

@ OP - Have you thought about Slingbox? Works great on Android. Cost is dependent on the Slingbox you buy (Solo, HD) and the app is $30. There is no monthly fee for Slingbox or the client. What it does is allows you to watch your own cable from home. You can access the DVR, watch live tv, etc. IMO, I would recommend a separate cable box for the Slingbox if you live with other people. This is due to the fact that if you change the channel on your phone, it will change the channel of the cable box your family may be watching...

4. philly0128

philly0128 Well-Known Member

on youtube you can find a guy who got netflix to work but it's to much work, he had to use rdp and ustream and then link the ustream to the netflix and somehow he got it to work pretty well as a temp. workaround for now.