Any way to fix my dialer glitch?

1. The Smasher

The Smasher Member

I read an article on gizmodo a couple of weeks ago that said there was a vulnerability in certain android phones that can cause you phone to reset and your data to be lost. They had a link to see if your phone was vulnerable and mine was, and their suggestion was to get a new dialing app. I would prefer to keep my old one if possible, so is there any way for me to fix this other than getting a new dialer, or if not, how can I change a new dialing app to the default dialing app?

Advertisement
    :
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

If you haven't had any problems with the dialer, I say don't do anything. Just back up your phone and if it should happen, just reinstall your apps and data using the backup files.
  3. The Smasher

The Smasher Member

I haven't had any problems with it so far, and I thought that your suggestion would be the best idea. I didn't know if, by any chance, that exploit could be used in other ways, such as web pages being able to download info it would not normally get. Do you know if this would be a problem, or not?
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be a problem, seeing that the two apps aren't related to each other.