Any way to get BB or Verizon to match Phandroid price?

Last Updated:

1. Darthus

Darthus Member This Topic's Starter

So, I saw on the front page that Phandroid negotiated a price of 149.99 for the phone. I went to the link and sure enough, it's 149.99, instant rebate. Is there any way I can get either the Verizon Wireless Store or Best Buy to match that price? I have it pre-ordered at Best Buy but I can cancel it if need be.

I'd really like to have the phone tomorrow on launch day, but paying 199.99 instead of 149.99 is pretty silly. =(

Advertisement
  2. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

I doubt it, but you can print it out and try. What's the worse they say, no? Are you a reward zone member? Can you print out coupons? Go to the following site to check.
    https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/mindex.jspx
    I printed $40.00 in coupons myself and have my $50.00 gift card from the pre-order which you can't get back as cash and another $50.00 gift card from the Sprint Hero I tried out. Even if you back out of the pre-order now BB still has your $50 and you have a gift card. Just get the phone tomorrow and enjoy it. You already committed the $50 you are trying to save.

3. Darthus

Darthus Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm, I specifically asked and the person said I could return the gift card if I changed my mind. Even if she's wrong I could potentially fight it since she said it and get my cash back.

I will definitely ask. What coupons are you talking about? I am a rewards zone member, but I don't think I have enough "points" for 20 dollar off certificates. Are you talking about 2 of those or did you have something else?

4. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

They have different point values for different amounts. I had something like 2766 points so I cashed in on 2000 = $40.00.
    Login to check and see, even if it's only $10.00 that's better than nothing.