Any way to get the full facebook listings on the Fascinate?Support

Last Updated:

1. PaulRivers

PaulRivers Member This Topic's Starter

The biggest reason I wanted a data phone was so I could check facebook from work (blocked), or while out and about.

When I got the Incredible, I found out that all the Facebook apps do the stupid "Top News" only, and you can't change it to view all the recent new. The only way I could find to get around it was to click on "Full Site" at the bottom of the mobile site page, click on "Most Recent" when the page loaded, then often the link wouldn't actually work but if I hit "refresh" the page would reload with "Most Recent" selected and the most recent posts all listed out. A real pain, but possible.

But when I try the same thing on my Fascinate, I just get a big blank page with no status updates.

Is there any way to view the full, regular, "Most Recent" post list on the Fascinate?

Advertisement
  2. blueyce28

blueyce28 Member

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but I usually:

1) Use xscope lite browser to browse FB on full site.
    2) On default browser, type in the address bar "about:debug", without the quotes. Enter, then hit the menu button, the more button, settings, scoop to the very bottom and hit UAString, change it from android to desktop. It should load full site everytime as well as other webpages.

3. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

There is no way in the app now that I know of, but they will probably update it again soon. It still needs a facelift of sorts and seems due for more functionality.

You can use your browser to go to touch.facebook.com and then you toggle between "News Feed" and "Live Feed". It a mobile Facebook site.

4. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

well sorry to say this but did you really expect it to be any different than facebook on the incredible? i hope you didnt buy the phone because of this

5. PaulRivers

PaulRivers Member This Topic's Starter

Ooooooooh! That did the trick! Thanks! I still seem to get all the pictures on touch.facebook.com that I would get in my regular feed, so pretty cool.

Do you know of any drawbacks (missing posts, less pictures, etc) of using touch.facebook.com with it's "Live Feed"? Or is it just like the Live Feed on a computer?

But thanks again - that's *exactly* what I was looking for. :) :)