Any way to have not audilbe notification for just one contactSupport

1. Recyclist

Recyclist New Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to set SMS messages received from one specific contact to have no audible notification but all other contacts still have an audilbe notification? I went into the contact card for this one contact and set a silent ringtone, but this no affect when text messages are received, I still get the same notification sound that I get for all other text.

Advertisement
  2. jlear3

jlear3 Well-Known Member

just get a silent ringtone and apply it to that contact.
  3. Recyclist

Recyclist New Member

Yea, like I said, I tried that. I think the ringtone would only come into effect if I got a call from this contact, which doesn't happen. It's text notifications I get for work. So, I haven't been able to find how to set a seperate or silent text notification for this contact. I was able to do it on my previous phone, an HTC EVO 4G.
  4. bananachunks

bananachunks Member

WhoIsIt Lite from the market works great. A bit of a pain to setup, but does just what I needed.

HTH
  5. Recyclist

Recyclist New Member

Thanks. I might try it, although the reviews in Market aren't all that great, a lot of people reporting it force closes a lot. I hadn't thought of an App for this, like I said, on my EVO, I was able to do it with the functions already on the phone.
  6. Recyclist

Recyclist New Member

Actually, I just found a setting in Handcent SMS that let's me do this. It's probably how I did it on the EVO, too.
  7. bananachunks

bananachunks Member

Nice find.

The Google Voice app (and the Contacts app on my Thunderbolt/CM7) doesn't have that functionality, and I needed to be able to differentiate a new group contact from the other "real" texts I get. It's definitely something that would be nice to have built-in on the AOSP Contact app...
  8. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

Yea I have handsent and am able to give each contact a personal ring tone. I have only done this after I receive a text from them.