Any way to make folders in gallery??Support

1. chunkystarz

chunkystarz New Member

I just got the Galaxy SII for tmobile and it's my first android phone. I love it so far but i'd love it more if there was some way I can add folders INSIDE the gallery to make thing more organized. I've tried everything, downloading apps and samsung kies on my computer but I still havent found a way to make folders inside the gallery. Any advice?

Advertisement
    :
  2. driver2665

driver2665 Active Member

You cannot make folders inside the gallery. However you can make folders with "My Files"

If you go into "My Files" then into "DCIM" you will see a folder named "Camera" The pictures from your gallery are stored here.

If you then go into "My Files" and click the "Menu" button, then click "Create Folder", Name this folder as you wish.

Then go back into "Camera" press and hold a photo in the list to bring up a menu including move or copy. You can then move the photos to your new folder.

If you have private photos....

Go into "My Files, press "menu" followed by "More" followed by "Settings"

Put a tick in the box "Show hidden files"
    Go back on place to "My Files" again
    Make another folder but prefix it with a dot / fullstop. eg .mypics
    You can then move pics from the gallery into this folder. When you have finished go back into settings, uncheck the "show hidden folders" box and your folder dissapears.
    When hidden folders are viewable you will also have a folder above the "Camera"folder called "Thumbnails" this also shows all pics etc.

Hope this helps
    wombat53 and dabears1981 like this.
  3. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

I would also recommend trying out Quickpic as a gallery replacement. So much nicer. :)