Any way to mute media?

Last Updated:

1. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to make it so when i press and hold the power button and choose either silent or vibrant only that it will also mute media? I am hoping for the ability to change something through adb shell or something because I use the power button method all the time I just really want it to mute/unmute the media volume too...

Advertisement
  2. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

So annoying right? you think its in silent mode because you set it to silent, then its quiet in the room and you watch a video and all of a sudden full blast of audio!!!! omg it happened it sucks.. you have to do it manually.

I don't know how to do it automatically or it to mute when in silent mode that is just for the ringer i guess.

3. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

there has to be something that can be changed especially after being rooted that would set this to quiet along with the ringer/notifications. There HAS to be!

4. axsys

axsys Member

I don't know how you would do it with the power button, but try Quick Settings from the market, it works great. You can active it by holding the Search button down. There you can change the volume for calls, notifications, media, alarm, in call volume, and system volume.