Any way to not show FB contacts in dialer?General

Last Updated:

1. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I synced my facebook account in order to have pictures for my contacts. Problem is, there are only about 50 people whose numbers I want in my phone. Not the all of my 400 some odd facebook friends. In the People app, I simply unchecked Facebook from the Menu>View screen to unclutter my contact list.

Unfortunately, they still show up when I bring up the dialer by hitting Phone at the bottom of the Sense UI.

Any way to hide them there?

Advertisement
  2. ttamnedlog

Any ideas? Surely you all don't enjoy having hundreds of people in your dialer that you probably never talk to.

3. black_surfer

black_surfer New Member

be more social?

4. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

I have no idea how it happened, but I do not have Facebook numbers in my phonebook... and I'm glad about it. I did also have to sync every person who was in my phonebook with Facebook manually, so perhaps I didn't sync the same way you did.

5. LancerzEvo

LancerzEvo Well-Known Member

I found a solution by avoiding the dialer and just go to "People" instead of dialer in search of contacts I want only that I added. Or use the People widget. Sure it doesn't show recent phone calls, but more convenient in searches

6. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

go to your contacts hit menu->view->uncheck facebook

7. ttamnedlog

Yeah, this is what I've been doing. But I'd like to see the recent calls if possible.

8. ttamnedlog

Yeah I've done that, which hides them in the People app just fine. But I also want them hidden in the Dialer.

9. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

Not really possible then without unsyncing them with their contact info. You can always go to menu->accounts->FB->and play with those settings and something might work. Let me know what you find.

10. radworm

radworm Well-Known Member

This has been posted multiple, multiple times. Right now there is no way to do it if you want your FB contacts linked to other contacts. The only way to prevent them from showing up in the phone dialer is to nor use FB for HTC Sense in the manage accounts section. You will not get the cool pics under your contacts anymore, but FB contacts will no longer show up in the phone dialer list.

11. ttamnedlog

Ah, thanks. I would like the pictures to be there, so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and have them in my dialer. Oh well.