• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to not show FB contacts in dialer?

ttamnedlog

Android Enthusiast
May 2, 2010
I synced my facebook account in order to have pictures for my contacts. Problem is, there are only about 50 people whose numbers I want in my phone. Not the all of my 400 some odd facebook friends. In the People app, I simply unchecked Facebook from the Menu>View screen to unclutter my contact list.

Unfortunately, they still show up when I bring up the dialer by hitting Phone at the bottom of the Sense UI.

Any way to hide them there?

This has been posted multiple, multiple times. Right now there is no way to do it if you want your FB contacts linked to other contacts. The only way to prevent them from showing up in the phone dialer is to nor use FB for HTC Sense in the manage accounts section. You will not get the cool pics under your contacts anymore, but FB contacts will no longer show up in the phone dialer list.

Upvote 0
This has been posted multiple, multiple times. Right now there is no way to do it if you want your FB contacts linked to other contacts. The only way to prevent them from showing up in the phone dialer is to nor use FB for HTC Sense in the manage accounts section. You will not get the cool pics under your contacts anymore, but FB contacts will no longer show up in the phone dialer list.
Ah, thanks. I would like the pictures to be there, so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and have them in my dialer. Oh well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones