any way to pick the program that launches with car holder ?

Last Updated:

1. lobosolo

lobosolo New Member This Topic's Starter

is there a way to select a different program to launch when i put my droid into the OEM car mount ? i would much rather have it launch Daily road Voyages instead of the google car app.

Advertisement
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Interesting - I would run trapster off the bat - or have it take me straight to navigation.

3. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

AFAIK, Short of rooting it, no.

4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

This may not be the perfect solution you seek, but there's an app in the market called Car Dock v2, which will launch instead of the stock car dock and it allows you to choose the applications/shortcuts you want on your car dock screen. There are 6 very over-sized icons on each screen (4 screens, which you can choose to use, or not), and you can customize the icons. So, when you put the Droid in the car dock, it would be very easy to touch the large icon for the app you prefer to run while in the car.

5. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

I use Dock Awake. It gives me options for my car dock and my multimedia station and I really have enjoyed using it. I default to bedside usually as I can see the clock better than the car clock and I also have 3 options from there that I can configure as needed for quick access. No root required for this app.

6. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

I second Dock Awake. For mine, I chose it not to open anything.. it's a good program.

7. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

Settings Profiles - its in the market for 3 bucks last I checked. You can set it to open any apps, open multiple apps, kill an app/apps, change sound and wireless profiles, ringtones etc. etc.. You can also set it to take actions when you undock.

Well worth the price for all you can do with it. I don't work for them but I feel like they should give me a kickback for how I often I reccomend their app on here.

8. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Tasker (still in beta, not in Market yet) can do this. It would be a little more complicated than using an app specifically designed for this purpose, though it can also do A LOT more.

9. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member