Any way to prevent the Froyo update on the Droid X?Support

Last Updated:

1. Montuhotep

Montuhotep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It may seem crazy, but I have an app that I use for business purposes (ustream). They do not support 2.2. I emailed them and they quickly responded with grim news. Basically, they don't know if/when they will support Froyo. Qik vid doesn't do what I need it to do. Also, I hear there are many other apps that won't work with froyo. Forgive me if this was already adressed. I couldn't find a viable solution on this forum. As good a an improvement Froyo is, it prevents me from doing what I do.
    Any way to prevent update and update reminders? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Well-Known Member

I know you can root and block them, but I don't know the specifics.

Montuhotep likes this.
  3. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Just so you know, an app not specifically supporting Android 2.2 doesn't mean it won't work. The overwhelming majority of Android applications will work perfectly fine on Android 2.2 even if they were made without any consideration for Android 2.2 at all.

Montuhotep likes this.
  4. Montuhotep

I guess I can ask a 2.2 user if they have the app, but I was made aware of this problem in the comment section of the app itself. Evidently, it doesn't work.

5. Montuhotep

I take that back! Lol. I don't know what I was reading, but evidentally, the N1 is the only 2.2 having problems. And the other post reporting problems are old. It appears to work fine on 2.2 droids.