Any way to reduce earpiece volume

Last Updated:

1. haseltonk

haseltonk Member This Topic's Starter

I know this will sound like a weird question, but I was wondering if there is any way to reduce the earpiece volume? Even at it

Advertisement
  2. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

So you're using a headset that has its own volume control as well as the phone and you have both all the way down and its still too loud?

3. whoflungdo

whoflungdo Member

I don't know about the OP, but mine is way too loud at the lowest settings for some callers.

4. Tonv

Tonv New Member

Hi, I have the same issue/question, with the wired headset (no volume control) and the volume on the Hero set to minimum it is still too loud for my ears...
    Also, using the handsfree setting, the same seems to happen, it is too loud, even at the minimum volume setting...

Only option I guess is to use a bluetooth headset...
    (or a software tweak to influence the levels, but I can't find one...)

Cheers,

Tonv

5. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

I'm sure they make a wired headset/earpiece that has its own volume control. If you don't want BT try that. Otherwise I have no problems turning my BT down because it has its own volume control.

If you are looking for a nice earbud I recommend the Jabra BT530. It even plays music from your player.

6. haseltonk

haseltonk Member This Topic's Starter

I usually do not use a Bluetooth headset, although that would probably solve the problem. I was hoping there was a software tweak that would reduce the volume a bit. Nothing exists?