any way to reinstall gingerbread?

Last Updated: 2012-04-19 14:20:36
  1. motoxxxman

motoxxxman Well-Known Member

as the title says, is there any way to download gingerbread for the EVO Shift to a pc in order to reinstall gingerbread? through some searching on these forums I found that it is possible for a lot of other phones, but haven't found the download yet to do it for the Shift. help please? download link is all I'm really looking for I guess, or a definite answer of if it is possible or not.

(I just really need to get my email working again, and it seems 99.9% of the people that have loaded gingerbread have zero issues with email)

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

They pulled the update, from what I understand, because of the issues. All you can do is wait. They will probably release it on sprint's site as a download whenever they decide it is finished. Sorry dude...
  3. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Did you try to route your mail through your gmail, as I suggested in the other thread?
  4. motoxxxman

yeah, its having a similar effect: gmail emails that are read show up fine, but new gmail emails dont display. and anything unread from my yahoo doesnt display but read ones do

just gonna keep using the yahoo app til this gets resolved
  5. triplecore

triplecore Member

Thats good, because after the update I had many problems. I thought this phone was great till 2.3. I wish there was a easier way to rollback the device other than replacement. If you go to sprint they will replace your device with the older OS. thats what I did.
  6. motoxxxman

personally i just cant wait for gingerbread to be fixed. i only use my phone for 2 things; 25% for communication with my gf, 75% as a tool for work. for work I need gps and email. the update made the gps a gazillion times better, so thats a huge plus. soon as my email is working flawlessly i will proudly say I have the perfect phone
  7. FdxRider

FdxRider Well-Known Member

@moto Have you tried removing your gmail account then re-installing the gmail app off of the market? Sometimes I find that sometimes an app that is included gets borked up if you uninstall it then re-install it starts working fine. You could also try clearing the data in applications>manage apps>gmail> clear data.
  8. motoxxxman

I dont use gmail, I use yahoo with the mail app. A few days ago it actually randomly started working fine, so I can now say I have the perfect phone :p
    The only time I get the loading screen is when using the home button to exit angry birds
  9. JoooshxD

JoooshxD New Member

Hi.
    I have downloaded the ice cream sandwich update for my Sansung Galaxy S2, and I despise it. It's the worst update I've ever had, and I want to change it back to Gingerbread. Is there any way I can do it?

Thanks
  10. crump

crump Well-Known Member

You may get a better answer if you asked in the GS2 forum but.. Your best option would be to root and flash a Gingerbread ROM. I'm not real familiar with the GS2 or Samsung but you may want to look into Rooting and Odin.