Any way to roll back to Gingerbread?General

1. Dropkick_77

Dropkick_77 New Member

I've seen a few other forum posts about rolling back, but none for the Lucid. I'm fairly new to all this, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I upgraded yesterday, and it seems that Ice Cream Sandwich isn't quite the step up I was hoping it would be. All of my emulators have developed stuttering problems, videos play choppy, and it seems to be taking longer and longer for the screen to shut off when I press the power button. None of these are huge deal breakers, but compared to the smooth and easy performance of Gingerbread, it's a bit jarring.

So has anyone found a way to roll back the Lucid to the stock firmware? Thanks in advance, and sorry again if this has been gone over.

Advertisement
    :
  2. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

heres the first question are you Rooted? =]
  3. Dropkick_77

Dropkick_77 New Member

I am not. Presumably I need to do this first before I worry about rolling back, right? I'll look around and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks.
  4. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

no you don't NEED to be rooted to role back, it just makes things a little easier.
    first you will need to find the stock ROM for your device, once you locate that we can go from there it usually just takes a little comb through the forums here in your device thread or a quick search in Google =] download the one for "Your" carrier.
  5. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

The files you will need : http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdat...K/VS840ZV6_06/VS840ZV6_06.S6_06.P58014.R5.cab

KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip
  6. Dropkick_77

Dropkick_77 New Member

Awesome, thanks a ton, guys. I'll try that and let you know if it works for me.
  7. wishfull1

wishfull1 Member

Any other link? The link provided is wanting me to log in. Not liking ICS very much.

Thanks!
  8. airtioteclint

The cab file is straight from lg. The kdz is a media file site. Niether should make you log in. I just checked both they didn't require me to.
  9. wishfull1

wishfull1 Member

Wierd. I am getting HTTP 403 Forbidden from both home and work. Can't get to it from my Lucid either.

Thanks!

Forbidden

Your client is not allowed to access the requested object.
  10. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

They must be doing something with their site. I'm getting the same message.
  11. noseph

noseph Well-Known Member Contributor

I just now downloaded both files with no problem!
  12. airtioteclint

Really? I wonder if lg is wising up to this. I'm going to upload it to dropbox before it's too late.

Edit : Damn... I'm getting that message page now too. If anybody that downloaded it still have it please upload so that others may use.
  13. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

Ok I have both files on my computer. Where/how can I upload it to be of use??? Or PM me your email addy and I'll email it to you direct...
  14. fatdaddysnacks

fatdaddysnacks Well-Known Member

You can upload to drop box
  15. airtioteclint

You can upload it to dropbox or 4shared or even mediafire. Dropbox is my personal favorite for it's no ad no nonsense sharing.
  16. noseph

Did this work?
  17. noncitizen

noncitizen New Member

Yes, last week I accepted the "software update", and now I can't stand my phone. I've been all over the web and found that we are not alone. Being a software engineer, I understand that there are some deep and dark bug fixes and updates to stay current with mobile tech, but couldn't they have given us an option to have things look and feel like gingerbread? It's this kind of tyranny that led to the founding of the US. And on that topic, I'm so twisted over this that I decided to start a facebook page. I guess I can't share the link as new user, but just go there and look for "Avoid Ice Cream Sandwich". Like it, share it, post something, let's rattle our cups on the prison bars.

btw, at some point, I plan on using the advice here and at other sites to root and rollback my phone. I'll admit I'm nervous about it--mostly in finding the correct build/version of the OS. But I successfully loaded dd-wrt on my Linksys wrt54g some months ago, so I'm hoping I will find success with this as well.
  18. noseph

silowgsx likes this.
  19. silowgsx

silowgsx New Member

I can confirm that this method works for rolling back to GB V6 from ICS V7. I followed the readme and everything went smooth. I want FoxFi infrustructure wifi AP more than I want ICS.
    noseph likes this.
  20. FLBigDog

FLBigDog New Member

I just got Downgraded to Icecream, can someone tell me how to get the original version Software back on my LG Lucid phone? im a newbie so be gentel..
  21. noseph

22. xMrArnoldx

xMrArnoldx Well-Known Member

you said itd be easier if we were rooted and i am, so what would the easier way be?