• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any way to see how many mb of data i

D

Deleted User

The title kinda sums up my question, but;

Is it possible to see how much data ive downloaded/uploaded on my HTC Magic?

My carrier doesnt have a mypage that i can check this on, and was kinda curious to see how many of my pre-paid MB ive used so far.

Thanks in advance,
-Stefan

Hi

I had just bought a HTC Magic on Vodafone here in Australia on a plan and I am only allowed 1 gig a month of data

I had previously used the iphone 3G and always kept track of my data as I was only allowed 400 megs on that plan, so I went to look for a data counter app at market and I was able to find a nice little data app on Android Apps Market called Network Traffic counter by Cyril Jaquier
It is a free app and it counts your data for 3G and Wifi (separately) and gives you a count of total, monthly, 7 days and today, all nicely grouped and not like the telcos count where it is in difficult to understand kilobytes
This one gives your data count in simple to read and quick to understand megs format instead of a 7 digits kilobytes readout.

excellent app.:)

Upvote 0
At first I'd been using NetMeter, but stopped when I discovered NetCounter (aka Network Traffic Counter) as mentioned above. It's way better. It'll let you set an alarm, which will go off if you get too close to your limit, which is a nice feature.

Edit: From your post it sounds like you want to check how much you've used already, and there's no way to do this, that I know of. NetCounter will start tracking how much you use, after you first run it.

Upvote 0
many places in the world such as UK and US all provide free unlimited data on most of their mobile phone plans, it's just pretty tragic that places like Australia still need to catch up in terms of providing free unlimited data/sms for their customers. If we have that, then there would be no use for a data counter whatsoever.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Vodafone UK (only carrier selling the Magic) have a 500Mb / month cap on their plans.

FYI - as a pretty heavy user, I used 270MB last bill. (US G1 user) and another G1 on the same account was 190MB.

So for 500MB to be reached, I think you would really need to be doing YouTube all the time, or some other heavy data usage like tethering maybe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones