Any way to show the title of videos in the gallery?General

Last Updated:

1. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One of the things that drives me nuts about the Droid, is that I can't see the titles of videos in the gallery. This makes it hard to find my kids' movies on there when they want to watch something. Is there a way to have the videos listed as a text list in addition to the thumbnail views on the Incredible? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

the video player is pretty poor. Try Act 1 video player in the market. Its free and it shows the titles of your movies.

slumpey likes this.
  3. slumpey

slumpey Well-Known Member

thanks, is Act 1 the best video player for android. Trying to find one that is free if possible

4. N2Stooges

N2Stooges Member

That blows! Even my last lame-o LG Voyager put a title on each video thumbnail based on the video filename.

Come on HTC! Update the Picture viewer app.

One other thing. It sure would be nice if you could play a video file but without the video (ie. just play the audio track of a video). There are many times where I like to listen to a movie while taking a walk with my phone in my pocket. Seems like a waste of battery to keep the display burning during these times. Would be awesome if the video player acted like the music app player wherein I could hit the power switch to turn off the display but still have the audio playing. And...how about turning off the 4 bottom button backlights when playing a video. Another waste of power. Should only illuminate if I press on the button or the display. Gheez! Other problems with the built-in video player...does not multi-task when playing videos. Hitting the HOME button stops video / audio playback and when you go back to the video player your video starts back at the beginning. Total garbage.